Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in June
Take me back to May | Jump forward to July
Whilst most of the northern hemisphere is gently gliding into warm summer months in June, Dubai has already dived in head first! Temperatures are already scorching hot, and for the most part, life in Dubai has moved indoors to handle the extreme heat.
Dubai weather in June
The temperature in Dubai moves from hot to even hotter with an average daily maximum of 39.8°C (103.6°F). Still, it’s not unusual to experience significantly hotter days up to 47.9°C (118.2°F), as well as days with higher than normal humidity. Temperatures drop to an average of 27.7°C (81.9°F) overnight.
Sea temperatures also rise from 30.4°C (87.8°F) up to 33°C (90.4°F) – you won’t get much reprieve from jumping in the sea but most hotel resorts should have chillers on their pools to keep the water refreshing.
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in June here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in June.
Is June too hot in Dubai?
This is really a matter of personal preference and what you have planned for Dubai.
For the most part, it’s too hot to be out and about at the beach or tackling the desert in June during the peak of the day. If you don’t mind sweating a little, evenings out are still manageable, albeit many restaurants close their outdoor terraces in the hottest months of the year, and many seasonal events have closed.
You can read more about what to expect in summer in Dubai here.
What you will find is that you can pick up a bargain on your accommodation from June through to August. Hotels still look to fill their rooms in the off-peak season and you’ll certainly avoid the crowds in June (this June may be a little different for hotel pricing as one of the few major cities openly inviting tourists in at this time it’s proving a popular choice for sunseekers in 2021)
Dubai Special Events June 2021
As most activity has now moved indoors, there is a slow down in large festivals and events over the hottest summer months. You can still experience these fun indoor and outdoor experiences in June 2021:
- Dubai Desert Road Run – starting very early in the day 4 June 2021 this extreme sports challenge sees a 3k, 5k & 10k desert running challenge
- Catch some live comedy Amer Zahr at The Theatre Mall of the Emirates on 17 June 2021
- Enjoy a family night out at the Dubai Opera with the ballet performance of Peter Pan 18 June 2021
- Super Sports Night Run – catch the city sights by night while keeping fit 22 June 2021
Suggested Dubai activities in June
Time to start exploring some of the city’s best indoor attractions. Basing yourself around Dubai Mall and Downtown Dubai is a great idea at this stage of the year. Why not try:
- A trip to At The Top Burj Khalifa – the highest observation deck in the world is a total bucket list experience not to miss, mostly indoors (NB even in off-peak times it’s still best to book your Burj Khalifa tickets well in advance)
- Visit the largest suspended indoor aquarium tank in the world The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. It is totally free to observe the free tank inside the Mall, but a visit inside and the up-close encounters cost extra. For a big day out, it’s easy to combine your ticket to At The Top with the aquarium.
- For an icy cold treat, try your hand (or your feet!) at the Olympic-sized ice skating rink in Dubai Mall.
- Once the sun goes down, venture out to the Dubai Mall promenade to capture the evening Dubai Fountain show – the world’s largest dancing fountain show.
With the kids – June in Dubai
Indoor kids entertainment is Dubai’s speciality, in fact, you probably won’t find more indoor activities and fun centres in the world!
Here’s just a sample of some of the biggest indoor attractions you can try – or check out this awesome listing of summer indoor activities for kids
- Kidzania Dubai – the life-like city built just for kids where they can take on jobs, earn money from flying a FlyDubai plane through to working at the bank and enjoy lunch from their own creations at Pizza Express!
- Explore the entirely indoor rainforest biodome The Green Planet – featuring rescued exotic wildlife through to animal encounters and “Zoo Keeper for a Day” opportunities.
Check out the best things to do in every month in Dubai here!
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
Take me back to the Dubai travel blog
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.
Dubai Travel Planner